[chirp_users] Programming Yaesu FT7900

Dave Cavanaugh
Thu Feb 13 19:58:30 PST 2014

Milton pretty much got all of it.

A little more detail:

After successfully getting the radio into clone mode I started Chirp and
told it to read the radio, and put the radio in TX mode.  This
downloaded the blank radio profile into Chirp.

Once I had the radio profile into Chirp, I had Chirp import my Anytone
file.  The Anytone Chirp file had previously been EXPORTED (this is the
important part) from Chirp as a .CSV file.  I told Chirp to import that
file into the empty FT-7900 profile, which it did.  All of the fields
populated fine with one minor error message at the end, which I was able
to ignore. The error message was due to a minor data format mismatch
between the Anytone and Yaesu radios.

Anyway...once I had the Chirp file populated I told it to upload to the
radio, and once the upload process started in the computer I put the
radio in RX mode and the file went up the wire into the radio just
fine.  After a restart all of my 125 or so channels were in the radio
and I was able to use the radio normally in channel mode.

Hope this us useful to someone in the future.