[chirp_users] Programming Yaesu FT7900

Milton Hywatt
Fri Feb 14 13:40:38 PST 2014

Just one final thin Dave, you don't need to export as CSV with chirp.
You can import the .img file from other radios without going through the CSV export.
It usually works pretty well. However there are some cells in the row that are not
compatible between radios. I've taken the .img file from my Anytone and just as a
test imported it into my FT8900 template. There's a couple things it didn't like but
only took me 5 minutes to sort out. Glad you're a happy Chirp user now. own 4
different brands of radios and use the .img import all the time.

Milton

________________________________
 From: Dave Cavanaugh <cavanadd at frontier.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 10:58 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Programming Yaesu FT7900

Milton pretty much got all of it.

A little more detail:

After successfully getting the radio into clone mode I started Chirp and
told it to read the radio, and put the radio in TX mode.  This
downloaded the blank radio profile into Chirp.

Once I had the radio profile into Chirp, I had Chirp import my Anytone
file.  The Anytone Chirp file had previously been EXPORTED (this is the
important part) from Chirp as a .CSV file.  I told Chirp to import that
file into the empty FT-7900 profile, which it did.  All of the fields
populated fine with one minor error message at the end, which I was able
to ignore. The error message was due to a minor data format mismatch
between the Anytone and Yaesu radios.

Anyway...once I had the Chirp file populated I told it to upload to the
radio, and once the upload process started in the computer I put the
radio in RX mode and the file went up the wire into the radio just
fine.  After a restart all of my 125 or so channels were in the radio
and I was able to use the radio normally in channel mode.

Hope this us useful to someone in the future.