[chirp_users] Windows 8

Mike va3mw
Sun Feb 9 21:24:50 PST 2014

Here is how delete your old ports that are left over from other adapters.
Click Start
Click Run
Type cmd.exe in the textbox and click OK
Type set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and hit ENTER
Type cd\windows\system32 and hit ENTER
Type start devmgmt.msc and hit ENTER
When the device manager opens, click the View menu
Click Show Hidden Devices
Click on the + sign next to the Ports to see the full list of Com ports being used
Highlight the port you wish to delete and then press delete
Mike va3mw