[chirp_users] Windows 8

kc6iih
Sun Feb 9 21:00:53 PST 2014

The exclamation mark means you have a conflict.  Fix your port settings.

Jock KC6IIH

-------- Original message --------
From: Wes <kb9oic at gmail.com>
Date:02/09/2014  7:56 PM  (GMT-08:00)
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] Windows 8

I used Chirp on my XP machine with a Boefeng UV-5R and on Kenwood D72.  I had no problems connecting until I went to Windows 8 Now when I use the cables and start with download from radio the box for the Com port does not comes up. Nothing happens. I check device manager and it shows an exclamation mark in the com port setting.  Any suggestions

--
Wes
73's