[chirp_users] Who used CHIRP in linux ubuntu mode ?

Galen Thurber
Fri Dec 19 03:18:17 PST 2014

also see my site

http://flightsimhq.org/radio/CHIRP_under_linux.html

 /dev/ttyUSB0
usergroup
dialup

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 6:47 PM, David Ranch <chirp at trinnet.net> wrote:

> Try out Andy's HamRadio ISO:
>
>      http://sourceforge.net/projects/kb1oiq-andysham/
>
> It has Chirp pre-installed but you'll probably want to upgrade it before
> you run it.  After that, just follow the Chirp documentation.  Since
> you're using a UV-5R, see:
>
>      http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_CHIRP.php
>
> --David
>

> On 12/08/2014 02:06 AM, y_61 at libero.it wrote:
> > Hi,  sorry i have a  baofeng UV-5R   release BFS 297… ( july 2014 i buy )
> >

> > I whant yo  create a  CHIRP on usb pen boot  , I think is work on ubuntu
> or
> > linux ?
> >
> > PLEASE In  how mode I create it ?
> >
> > I have the programm unebootin for create with the ISO the boot chirp on
> the
> > Usb pen.
> >
> > But, where I downoad the CORRECT  ISO immage for my  baofenf UV-5R
> > BFS 297 version ?
> >
> > I use a comunication cable buy on amazon ( I think is a clone ) in this
> case
> > with NO use windows but linux…no driver is request ?
> >
> > VERY IMPORTANT , after the boot whith this chirp on usb pen drive in
> linux,
> > what I to do to install the driver or start the comunication for the
> cable to
> > my pc ???
> >
> > Or I insert the cable in a usb port and is finish ? I oper the chirp
> program
> > and select in “radio” and read the data memory ?
> >
> > Thanks for help, best 73

I've been on-line since late 1992
My computer recommendations: Puppy Linux operating system, passwordsafe,
truecrypt (private storage for hard drive/flash sticks), Pidgin Internet
Messenger, tor anonymous browsing bundle.
My information recommendations: antiwar.com therealnews.com alternet.org
quackwatch.com
Please join my boycott of: Eastlink, Facebook,Yahoo!, Microsoft