[chirp_users] Pofung/Baofung UV-B5 on MAC OS X

Jim Unroe
Tue Dec 2 18:54:46 PST 2014

Hi Mason,

I don't know why, but these silly radios (UV-B5 and UV-B6) seem to
change the value that they "ACK" with when some of the settings
change. When this "ACK" is some value that CHIRP doesn't expect, it
reports the radio is not responding. I know I mess with this quite a
bit, and Jens worked on it. Apparently the OEM software must ignore
the "ACK" or at least only cares that it gets something back and must
not care what it is that it gets back. Early on when I would get the
"radio did not ack" error, I would reset the radio and all would be
well again.

Anyway I'm glad to hear that you could get your computer talking with the radio.

Jim KC9HI