[chirp_users] Kenwood TH-K2

John KB2SCS
Sat Aug 23 05:07:26 PDT 2014

Hi All
            I have only been on this reflector for a month or so.
So if this was already discussed or is on the Chirp web site my apologizes.

If you have a Kenwood TH-K2 before you can program the radio using any
software
including Chirp you need to go to menu item number 31 (PC) and change it
to "On".

When you have finished programming your TH-K2 you will then need to go to
menu item 31 (PC) and turn it to "Off" otherwise your speaker mike will
not function
properly.

I found this out today when I was unable to program the HT using a known
good cable and
Slacko Puppy Linux for the os.

Searched all around the web and finally opened the radio manual which
explained about
menu item 31

Hope this is of some help to some other TH-K2 owner.

Thank you for your time in reading this E-Mail.

--
Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John KB2SCS
            E-Mail:    kb2scs at arrl.net
            Web Page:  http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs