[chirp_users] Wouxun KG-UV6X, is it possible to unlock menu function?

Jim Unroe
Tue Aug 26 16:48:05 PDT 2014

Rob,

I submitted a patch to CHIRP to improve its KG-UV6X compatibility.

The first part of the patch addresses the X model not having a PONMSG
setting. This will allow you to return to the original .img file that you
sent to me, if you want. ;-)

While diagnosing the problem that was keeping your settings menu from
appearing, I installed the Powerwerx programming software and noticed that
while D version had a single setting for bandwidth that adjusted both the
RX bandwidth and TX bandwidth at the same time. The X model has a separate
setting for RX bandwidth and TX bandwidth. So with CHIRP you could only set
and control the RX bandwidth and the TX bandwidth was "stuck" at the
default NARROW (NFM) setting.

My patch also adds the ability for X model radios to set the TX bandwidth
setting. Here is how you do it.

1 click on a memory to highlight it (or use ctrl-click, shift-click etc. to
highlight a group of memories)
2 right-click on a highlighted memory
3 select "Edit" from the dialog box
4 edit the "Mode TX(KG-UV6X)" setting at the bottom of the menu. Note: you
can edit the original (RX) Mode setting on this menu panel, too.

Anyway, these change will be available in tomorrow's CHIRP daily build.

Enjoy,

Jim