[chirp_users] Cannot Upload to Yausu VX-6

Pete Mackie
Tue Apr 8 12:47:27 PDT 2014

Rich,

Lets see if we can get you going. I do have CHIRP 0.4.0 working on three Mac computers and communicating with two Yaesu VX-6R HTs.

The first action I suggest is that you update to Mac OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks. Mavericks is a free operating system update from Apple, so don’t hold back on updating.

Once you have Mac OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks installed,
then the connection Port you want to select in CHIRP is:

You cannot read the full connection Port name in
the above screen shot. It is: /dev/cu.usbserial-A702RBLF

This is the USB / FTDI chip driver from Apple but only available with Mac OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks.

Second, what USB to Serial cable are you using? I am using a pair of Yaesu USB VX-7 FTDI cables, part # RPC-Y7R-U, from Valley Enterprises.

FWIW: you are having a driver problem and not a CHIRP problem.

Stick with me, and I’ll get you going. It just may take a few back-and-forth tries.

Pete