[chirp_users] Keyboard not working

Tom Hayward
Thu Oct 24 10:53:32 PDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM, Lisa Soto <eris235 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's on my other computer at home. I think it's 10.5 or 10.6 OS X.
>
> I just didn't want to mess with the drivers if it was going to be easier to
> do a LiveCD.
>
> I have a Baofeng UV-5RAX radio and the Baofeng USB cable.
>
> Will that work?

It was a wise decision to go with the LiveCD. Linux handles the low
quality USB cable drivers with much less fuss than OS X or Windows.
Unfortunately, it seems Linux doesn't support your keyboard driver!
You'd think it would just work as a generic HID like all other
keyboards...

Might as well admit defeat and go back to Plan A: install the
appropriate drivers on the native OS. I suspect the link under the
"counterfeit/generic" section is what you need for your cable:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/MacOS_Tips

Tom KD7LXL