[chirp_users] Keyboard not working

Lisa Soto
Thu Oct 24 17:04:11 PDT 2013

Admitting defeat and going back to plan A worked a charm! The link you gave
me for the driver was exactly right for the cable and radio I have and I
just did my first download from radio without a problem.

Now I just need to figure out all the fields and what frequencies I want to
program.

Thanks for your help!

- Lisa

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Tom Hayward <esarfl at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM, Lisa Soto <eris235 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's on my other computer at home. I think it's 10.5 or 10.6 OS X.
> >
> > I just didn't want to mess with the drivers if it was going to be easier
> > do a LiveCD.
> >
> > I have a Baofeng UV-5RAX radio and the Baofeng USB cable.
> >
> > Will that work?
>
> It was a wise decision to go with the LiveCD. Linux handles the low
> quality USB cable drivers with much less fuss than OS X or Windows.
> Unfortunately, it seems Linux doesn't support your keyboard driver!
> You'd think it would just work as a generic HID like all other
> keyboards...
>
> Might as well admit defeat and go back to Plan A: install the
> appropriate drivers on the native OS. I suspect the link under the
> "counterfeit/generic" section is what you need for your cable:
> http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/MacOS_Tips
>
> Tom KD7LXL

Lisa Soto                                                eris235 at gmail.com
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a
             philosopher." -Ambrose Bierce, writer (1842-1914)