[chirp_users] Tim at Yaesu Tech Support warns against Chirp, recommends RT Systems products

Charles Stillman
Thu Oct 17 21:36:02 PDT 2013

Thanks for your experience.

All we'll want for now is a standard channel set to copy to several radios in the group one time only. The cross-radio capability of Chirp makes it a perfect choice. Besides, the county-by-county repeater database looks more than adequate for our area. And... the price is right. Apparently the RT cables have gone proprietary, so I'll stick with more generic ones. The software takes a few minutes to transfer in a few hundred memories on my IC-91A but after that it seems simple to use. Perhaps other brands are harder to use.

Charlie KC1S