[chirp_users] Baofeng uv-5r plus not able to read from

Jim Unroe
Wed Oct 9 21:16:25 PDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 11:13 PM, Tony Cratz <cratz at hematite.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>         I just purchase a UV-5R+ and was trying to program it. I'm using
>         the chirp-daily respository version.
>
>         USB Cable: : Prolific Technology Inc. pl2303 3-2:1.0: pl2303
>         device: /dev/ttyUSB0
>         UV-5R+ Firmware: BFB297 (as reported via power-on)
>
>         I get the typical unable to connect to radio, but when it is
>         trying to clone I see on the HT the "Welcome...." message and
>         then I get the timeout message.
>
>         As for the cable, it does seem to be full seated. I have
>         pressed and held the plug in to make sure and get the same
>         results.
>
>         First is there a debug mode I can turn on to capture the hand
>         shake between the computer and the UV-5R+. I figure this would
>         help the list.
>

>                                                         Tony

I agree with Milton. I would start with the Common Error Messages Page

http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/UV5R-ErrorMess.php

Also double check the date of your daily build. It should be 20131002
(yyyymmdd) or newer

http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/