[chirp_users] help

Tom Hayward
Tue Oct 8 14:57:50 PDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Marty Hartwell <mhartwe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tom
>
> Ok, here is so far where I have gotten. I took the rig and cable to my
> other PC, it is running XP
> and of course I needed the driver. I loaded it and got my downloaded
> memories, made the
> changes, did a reset on the rig and uploaded the new layout. Now before
> anyone says I didn't need
> to reset the rig, I wanted to because I have a lot of mistakes in the
> memory so wanted to start clean.

When you upload and download an img, all the settings are included. So
you reset the radio, then put everything back just how it was before
(plus your changes).

> are not active. When I click on "Download from radio" nothing happens.
> Normally I will get another
> box with COM Port, Rig and Start or words to that affect. So I am not
> sure what is happening here.

Sounds like
1. Your driver isn't detecting the cable, and therefore not
enumerating a COM port.
2. This bug means you don't see an error message for the above condition:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/1131

Upgrade to the latest development build and I suspect you will see an
error about not finding any COM ports. Try it and report back:

http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/LATEST/

Tom KD7LXL