[chirp_users] help

Milton Hywatt
Tue Oct 8 14:02:20 PDT 2013

When you choose  Radio then Download from radio in the tool bar
a dialog box should pop up showing three choices Port, Vendor, and Model.
You are able to drill in those three windows with the down triangle to the right
and choose your port COM3, Yaesu and then VX-5. Are you not seeing some
or all of this?

________________________________
 From: Marty Hartwell <mhartwe at gmail.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Monday, October 7, 2013 7:02 PM
Subject: [chirp_users] help

Hi

Well help in Chirp doesn't have anything, went to the web site, on FAQ
about my USB/Serial adapter which has worked in the past isn't as yet.
I have the correct driver for Vista and loaded. In  the device manager
I see the Com port 3. My issue is I don't ever get asked to enter the
Com port.
My Rig is the VX5R and according to the FAQ for Yaesu it says to put
the rig in Clone mode, then launch Chirp and click on "Download from rig".
When I do that I get nothing.

I may have to go back to using my other PC which has Linux, or use the
VX commander.

Any ideas?

Marty kd8bj