[chirp_users] help

Marty Hartwell
Tue Oct 8 14:29:10 PDT 2013

Hi Tom

Ok, here is so far where I have gotten. I took the rig and cable to my
other PC, it is running XP
and of course I needed the driver. I loaded it and got my downloaded
memories, made the
changes, did a reset on the rig and uploaded the new layout. Now before
anyone says I didn't need
to reset the rig, I wanted to because I have a lot of mistakes in the
memory so wanted to start clean.

Now back the the lap top and a comment. On the PC that worked it is a
desktop model and has
a serial port so worked, but that was after I loaded the driver for the
USB adapter which I didn't use
but may in the the future sometime. Now on the Laptop that it didn't
work on and still doesn't work
on, which is a Vista OS, and I have the correct driver installed from
Belkin website. When I plug in the
adapter and look in device manager I have serial port and it says port 3
is active. When I have chirp
up and click on radio I get a window which has "Download from radio" in
dark characters, the others
are not active. When I click on "Download from radio" nothing happens.
Normally I will get another
box with COM Port, Rig and Start or words to that affect. So I am not
sure what is happening here. On
the Chirp site I think the FAQ mentions that is an indication of
incorrect driver. I may see if the XP driver
will work but doubt, and it may not even load.
The good news is that at least I have the memories reloaded.

Marty kd8bj