[chirp_users] Chirp

Raymond J. Blacketer
Tue Nov 26 19:38:37 PST 2013

Hey all,

I finally got so my computer would recognize the Baofeng UV-5Rdownload cable, and when I went to Chirp and I select "down load from computer", it says "cloning" but only downloads one frequency, i.e., 136,025000.......

I found the Miklor site and am attempting to use their instructions but they don't seem to be very clear or detailed.

I looked for a Baofeng UV-5R site that would provide customer support, but couldn't find anything.  Also, when I look for my firmware version it says BFB297, and it says to go to the settings section to see your real firmware version #, but when I got there, it doesn't have any numbers listed.  It then says I have to download the daily build, but when I do that, it doesn't seem to want to install correctly.  It is a zipped file and when I unzip it, it doesn't seem to do anything.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Ray