[chirp_users] Beginner's guide and a loaner radio

Bruce MacAlister, W4BRU
Thu Nov 28 08:09:05 PST 2013

Yes, that's what I did.  Since I've seen lots of Ubuntu wiki and questions
about this, I think this symptom and solution should be a part of Chirp
documentation or a least links to Ubuntu wikis about it.  It's complexity
is that USB is not a separate connection but a subset of serial which is
still called TTY (remember teletype?) in Linux.  The "dialout" permission
solution is not what I'd call an obvious solution to a USB connection
problem.

The real solution is for Ubuntu to make "connected permission" the default.
We all have USB devices to connect so we'll all run into the problem.
Windows and OSX arrive with connection-on as a default.

--
73, Peace,سلام ,שָׁלוֹם, ειρήνη, Bruce ∞