[chirp_users] How do I run Chirp on a Mac?

Jim Unroe
Wed Nov 13 02:19:09 PST 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 12:31 AM, John M. Prosser
<jmprosserrvm at charter.net>wrote:

> Using Intel-based Mac mini, OS 10.6.8. I have followed the directions as
> well as I could to make a USB drive, but can't see how to use it. Lots of
> files on the drive, but nothing jumps out at me as a startup file. I hope
> some of the experts on this list can tell me where I am going wrong.
>
> Morris  KB6QR

Morris,
As others have stated, you may want to install CHIRP natively on your Mac.
But if you have installed CHIRP LiveCD properly on a USB drive and want to
give it a try, you would reboot your Mac and boot up using the OS on the
USB drive (completely bypassing the Mac OS). On a non-Mac computer you may
have to configure the BIOS to allow booting from a USB drive or at least be
able to choose to boot up from the USB drive. You may have to do something
similar on your Mac (I'm not a Mac person).