[chirp_users] Yaesu FT-60 upload fails but download works

Marcia Stockton
Sun May 26 13:53:04 PDT 2013

Good idea, Fred.  Tried it but no joy.

- Completely removed previous 0.3.1 install by deleting its files and
directories

- Got "daily build" using
   sudo apt-add-repository ppa:dansmith/chirp_snapshots
   sudo apt-get update
   sudo apt-get install chirp-daily

This fetched 2 files:

python-suds from .../python_suds_0.4.1-2_all.deb
chirp-daily from .../chirp-daily_20130315-oneiric~1_i386.deb (Note: is
this really daily?  Is the build date March 15, 2013?)

The install via apt appeared to be error free (no error messages).

But chirpw failed to start chirp and produced console error messages:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/chirpw", line 20, in <module> from chirp import elib_intl
Import Error:  cannot import name elib_intl

No joy.

73 de NU6N Marcia