[chirp_users] Help requested for Yaesu 857D

Robert Terzi
Tue Jun 25 12:00:09 PDT 2013

I've been doing a boat load of uploading / downloading to/from an FT-857D (US Version) without
a single error during the clone process.

Did you select the correct model from your radio drop down?  (USvs. Non-US?)

If you don't get a good download from the radio in the first place, do not write it
back to the radio - it might be short or corrupt.

Anytime you download to the radio you are over-writing ALL of the radio's settings
and memories with whatever was uploaded into chirp in the first place.  That's
how clone mode radios work.