[chirp_users] This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Jim Unroe
Tue Jun 4 19:21:54 PDT 2013

Richard,

Your Prolific driver accidentally got updated to the latest version. The
USB-to-Serial chip in your cable requires an older driver in order for it
to function. Follow this guide to downgrade your driver back to v3.2.0.0.

http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/UV5R-Drivers.html

If you are lucky, the driver is still available and just needs reselected.
So just start at step 7. If that work, great. If not, go back and start at
the beginning.

Jim KC9HI