[chirp_users] UV5R

Bernie Thames
Thu Jan 31 09:05:02 PST 2013

I downloaded Chirp and have what I assume is the last stable build.  However, I just got my radio, which is a Baofeng UV-5RA with BFB297 firmware.  I went back to the website expecting to have this build since the one I downloaded 0.2.3 does not have my handheld.  I went to the repository and couldn’t find a link that included mine.

Where can I find this one as, I’d at least like to have the build which is 2012-2221222 (I think).

Regards,

Max

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of John LaMartina ?
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:55 AM
To: Harvey Iri; Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] UV5R

I would guess you need the access tones to work properly.

CHIRP should be able to program you radio with no problem.

-----

Sent via iPadX

On Jan 31, 2013, at 7:51 AM, Harvey Iri <kp4gyo at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello

I am having a small issue I tries to program my UV5R with the frequencies of my job and I cannot transmit on them, all it does is receive my co-workers, but no transmit. On my repeaters it works fine. the frequencies in question are in the 161 MHZ and 162 MHZ

range. I used the Baofeng Software, and did not work. So then I used the Chirp and was able to put it on the radio but again no transmit. Version on my radio is the older version. If there is any other software I can use to unlock those 2 frequencies let me know, if you have any questions for more information  just email me.

Thanks,

           Harvey.