[chirp_users] UV5R

Ken G
Thu Jan 31 19:22:51 PST 2013

I have the same problem. We need the access tone they've set to open the
squelch. I can't find any one where I work (I volunteer at a museum) who
knows what the tone is.

Ken G

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Harvey Iri
Sent: Thursday, 31 January 2013 10:52 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] UV5R

Hello

I am having a small issue I tries to program my UV5R with the frequencies of
my job and I cannot transmit on them, all it does is receive my co-workers,
but no transmit. On my repeaters it works fine. the frequencies in question
are in the 161 MHZ and 162 MHZ

range. I used the Baofeng Software, and did not work. So then I used the
Chirp and was able to put it on the radio but again no transmit. Version on
my radio is the older version. If there is any other software I can use to
unlock those 2 frequencies let me know, if you have any questions for more
information  just email me.

Thanks,

           Harvey.