[chirp_users] Baofeng around 900mhz - veideo

Anbes
Tue Feb 26 07:01:44 PST 2013

Well, I just post the video to show you up what is happening. I can "monitor" this "interference" evereday, in many frequencies around 900 and 990mhz. As I said, I coul hear, once, loud and clean a communication around 930.700mhz. I really don't know if it is 2m-tunes side, I don't havy this technical infos and expertise. I can post another video showing the scan mode tuning many frequencis since 900mhz till 999mhz

________________________________
 De: Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>
Para: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Enviadas: Terça-feira, 26 de Fevereiro de 2013 11:42
Assunto: Re: [chirp_users] Baofeng around 900mhz - veideo

> I wonder if the UV-3R radios are capable of doing the same?
>
> If one of the chirp developers want to try modifying the software, I
> can try it on my UV-3R ___

I had three vintages of UV5R on the service monitor last night. None of
them would lock up at anything much above their stated range. None of
them generated RF, nor would receive a +3dBm signal straight into their
antenna jack.

Not conclusive evidence by any means, but I tend to think that the
poster of the video is either experiencing a fluke, a weird harmonic,
or perhaps is confusing audio coming from the 2m-tuned side of the
radio.