[chirp_users] Baofeng around 900mhz - veideo

Dan Smith
Tue Feb 26 06:42:53 PST 2013

> I wonder if the UV-3R radios are capable of doing the same?
>
> If one of the chirp developers want to try modifying the software, I
> can try it on my UV-3R ___

I had three vintages of UV5R on the service monitor last night. None of
them would lock up at anything much above their stated range. None of
them generated RF, nor would receive a +3dBm signal straight into their
antenna jack.

Not conclusive evidence by any means, but I tend to think that the
poster of the video is either experiencing a fluke, a weird harmonic,
or perhaps is confusing audio coming from the 2m-tuned side of the
radio.