[chirp_users] Input out of range freq channels

Dean Gibson AE7Q
Mon Feb 25 15:19:06 PST 2013

On 2013-02-25 13:48, GaryErrol wrote:
> I have used mine successfully, TX/RX, above 512 MHz.
>
> Gary N9PTC

I don't think you are understanding the point I'm making.  Just because
a given radio can do a given thing in a certain circumstance, doesn't
mean that it's generally "usable" in those conditions, in any practical
meaning of the word.

Who knows what power output you really had.

Who knows what the SWR was, and whether you are damaging the radio by
transmitting out of the band that the radio was designed for.  Do you
think that perhaps the radio manufacturer might have mentioned that the
radio is "usable" where you think it is, if they could support such an
assertion?

Who knows whether it was in compliance with FCC spectral/bandwidth
requirements.

These are all things that go into whether a radio is "usable", in any
commercial sense.