[chirp_users] Input out of range freq channels

GaryErrol
Mon Feb 25 13:48:09 PST 2013

I have used mine successfully, TX/RX, above 512 MHz.

Gary N9PTC

-------Original Message-------
From: Dean Gibson AE7Q [data at ae7q.net]
Date: Mon, Feb 25, 2013
To: Discussion of CHIRP [chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com]
Reply To: Discussion of CHIRP [chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com]
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Input out of range freq channels

On 2013-02-25 11:01, GaryErrol wrote:
If what you say is true about UHF, why are radios being advertised as usable from 400-520 MHz? Gary N9PTC
Just because a radio will receive something under some conditions, does not mean that it is "usable".

I can listen to WWV in FM mode and hear the broadcast perfectly fine.

I can listen to the various NOAA FM weather stations in AM mode and hear the broadcast perfectly fine.

In Los Angeles I could listen to the (very near) local AM broadcast station on any frequency on some radios (including FM broadcast-only receivers).