[chirp_users] Chirp LiveCD

simon at mungewell.org
Tue Feb 5 15:57:08 PST 2013

> I just returned from a business trip where cell phone access was minimal
> and internet access was completely non-existent (so no, I didn't fall off
> the edge of the world).  I am in the process of uploading a new version of
> the Chirp LiveCD.  It should be available around 0200 GMT.
>
>        sourceforge.net/projects/chirplivecd/
>
> The only change is that it contains the 4Feb2013 daily.  If you are using
> the previous version on a USB drive or through a virtual machine and have
> updated using the Chirp updater, then you are already up to date with this
> release.

Hi Bob,
It's cool that you are doing this remix, but judging from the download
size you are working from the normal Xubuntu LiveCD (the website doesn't
say).

Are you aware of this project?
http://www.ubuntu-mini-remix.org/

It's a starting point for live CD, and this nice thing about it is that
it's only ~200MByte (albeit without GUI).

With XCFE included this bumps to around 425MBytes (I can send you a link
for an old remix I did for our LUG a few years ago if you like).

No complaint about your work, I just thought you might be interested.
Simon.