[chirp_users] FTDI based USB cables.

Robert Terzi
Fri Sep 28 14:55:46 PDT 2012

On 9/28/2012 5:12 PM, Tom Hayward wrote:>
> It sounds to me like you got bit by the Prolific drivers and possibly
> counterfeit Prolific chips (seems to be about 90% of the topics on
> this mailing list).

Unfortunately, it seems like it's almost every ham group that I read has
this on-going saga.

In case it helps any one else, Valley Enterprises is in the process of
converting all the cables they sell to be FTDI based.  Their site generally
mentions FTDI and Windows 7 in the description of the cable so you can tell
what you are ordering.  They are also available through Amazon.

I added a link to Chirp's Cable Guide on the Wiki:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/CableGuide