[chirp_users] Help needed, can't write to Yaesu FT-60

Robert Terzi
Thu Sep 27 06:48:55 PDT 2012

On 9/26/2012 3:00 PM, chirp.cordless at xoxy.net wrote:

> - The radios can be read into Chirp just fine.
> - They don't respond at all on write.

To me it sounds like it might be a signaling problem in the cable.
Possibly the voltage on the TXD line is too low for the FT-60s
to reliably read.

Check the cable with a meter or a scope. I don't know the FT-60
so I don't know if it's a 0-5 Vdc (TTL) interface or a 0-3.3 Vdc
interface.  If you measure the radio's TxD line (which will be
the RxD line going into the computer, you should be able to see
if the radio's holding it at 5 Volts or 3.3 Volts.

Also are you using a USB port on the actual computer or on a hub?
I would try to use ports on the computer, or if you must use a
hub try a powered hub to make sure the USB cable is getting enough power.

Hope This Helps,
--Rob