[chirp_users] FTDI based USB cables.

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Fri Sep 28 15:17:54 PDT 2012

> *NOTE:* RTSystems has recently been shipping cables intentionally
> handicapped to prevent their use with third party software, and to prevent
> use of third party cables with *their* software. Beware that if you buy
> their software/cable package, you will not be able to use their cables with
> CHIRP!

That is just pure mean spirited.  Why should anyone sell a cable that
is intentionally buggered so it doesn't work with other types of software.

That's almost evil.

DR
David J. Ring, Jr., N1EA <http://www.qsl.net/n1ea/>  Radio-Officers
Group<http://groups.google.com/group/radio-officers?hl=en>-- Join
Morse Recordings <http://archive.org/search.php?query=n1ea>
*Gopher Hole:*  gopher://sdf.org/1/users/djringjr/ (native or with
Firefox's Overbite extension) or via http to gopher
gateway<http://gopher.floodgap.com/gopher/gw?gopher://sdf.org/1/users/djringjr/>
*C**hat* Skype: djringjr MSN: djringjr at msn.com AIM: N1EA icq: 27380609

=30=