[chirp_users] Help needed, can't write to Yaesu FT-60

chirp.cordless at xoxy.net
Fri Sep 21 21:25:08 PDT 2012

Thanks,

I can't see what thread you want me to look at, something in the path seems
to have obfuscated it, see below.

I tried putting the radio in VFO mode, no help.

So I unloaded the Prolific driver I was using that was from some open source
project, and loaded the one downloaded from the Prolific website you pointed me
at, which at least claims to know about OS X 10.7, and I expect it likely is a
better choice all around.

The good news is that I can still read my FT60, so I haven't lost anything.
And maybe there's progress on write, but painful progress.
I managed on one write attempt to completely erase the FT60, so
I guess there's some indication that it's sending something.
A read attempt failed with an error and no data returned, and operationally
there are no memories in the radio.

Fortunately, I was able to clone it from our other FT60, or at least 10 of the
memories; the other two were recently programmed just in one.

And after cloning, I can read it back into Chirp, so I'd say I'm no worse off.

A second teeth-gritting write attempt did nothing, as the previous behavior.
The radio just displays --Rx-- forever.
I did manage to see the little pop-up just long enough to read it, it says
	Cloning
	[Cancel]
for maybe half a second, then disappears.

So, any more ideas?

-dan