[chirp_users] Please post

Guy Teague
Thu Sep 13 13:15:43 PDT 2012

there are evidently major problems on the mac. i have basically the
same setup and with both the uv5r and the uv6d and two different
cables i can only get the mac to recognize the radio perhaps once out
of two dozen attempts--download or upload.

using windows7 64-bit via vmware on the same mac same usb port same
cable succeeds every single time, so obviously there is no fault with
the radio(s) or cable(s) or usb port conflict.

also, i noticed the mac version of chirp does not have all the
functions of the windows version and requires yet more python modules
to support radio reference db. i consider myself lucky to have the
windows workaround because i think if you had a mac only and had to
depend on the chirp port you would be very frustrated.

/guy (73 de kg5vt)