[chirp_users] can't upload to 2820

Brian Mury
Wed Mar 14 23:38:12 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm having problems uploading to my 2820 (downloading works). The upload
progresses until the CHIRP progress bar has hit 100%, and the 2820
progress bar has *almost* hit 100%, then the window with the CHIRP
progress bar closes, and the radio just sits there saying "CLONE IN",
and showing the progress bar a pixel or two away from completion. I'm
forced to power cycle the radio, at which point it resets to factory
settings.

I'm running Fedora 16, and was using chirp-0.1.12-5.fc16 from the
repository. I've tried upgrading to chirp-0.2.0-1.fc16, also from the
repository, and am seeing the same problem.

I'm using the data port, not the speaker port. I dug out an old Windows
laptop and tried the Icom CS-2820 software - it works, so the radio and
cable both work.

This used to work for me. I haven't used CHIRP in quite some time as I
haven't needed to make any changes to the radio's programming, so
unfortunately I can't say when it stopped working.

Here's the relevant portion of the output when run from a terminal:

Clone thread started
Starting HiSpeed:
000: fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe   ........
008: fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe   ........
016: fe fe fe fe ee ef e8 29   .......)
024: 70 00 01 00 00 02 01 fd   p.......

Response:

Switching to 38400 baud
Starting HiSpeed Clone:
000: fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe   ........
008: fe fe fe fe fe fe ee ef   ........
016: e3 29 70 00 00 fd 00 00   .)p.....

-- Exception: --
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/chirpui/clone.py", line 219, in
run
    self.__radio.sync_out()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/chirp/icf.py", line 529, in
sync_out
    clone_to_radio(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/chirp/icf.py", line 349, in
clone_to_radio
    raise errors.RadioError("Did not get clone result from radio")
RadioError: Did not get clone result from radio
------
Clone failed: Did not get clone result from radio
Clone thread ended

73, Brian
VE7NGR