[chirp_users] Schedule for Support of Radios

Creede Lambard
Mon Jul 23 11:33:16 PDT 2012

Right, I should have been a bit more clear. As Dan says there are a lot
of knockoff Prolific chips out there. In an effort to cut down on piracy
Prolific altered their drivers so that they would work with genuine
Prolific chips, but would throw errors and show up with the dreaded
yellow triangle icon in Device Manager if you try to use them with
knockoffs. Many many users have reported this problem on the various
lists I subscribe to, and there are workarounds, but all of them are
more painful than just buying a cable with a genuine Prolific chip (or
with an FTDI chip, which doesn't seem to have this problem).

If you have one of these knockoffs no software will work with your
cable. And again, if the problem is something different, let us know and
we'll see if we can get you through it.

Cheers,

-- Creede WA7KPK