[chirp_users] Mass update of D710

Sander Pool
Sun Jul 1 12:47:39 PDT 2012

Hi,

yesterday I tried to do a mass update of my D710. Here are the steps I
followed:

- connect D710 to computer
- load memory using MCP-2A
- save MCP-2A data to file
- exit MCP-2A
- start CHIRP
- connect CHIRP to D710
- wait for all 1000 memories to be read
- export to .csv
- stop CHIRP
- disconnect D710
- load .csv into CHIRP
- load repeater information from repeaterbook
- paste repeater information from new documents into .csv
- repeat previous steps till all desired repeaters are loaded
- save .csv
- connect D710 to computer
- load memories using CHIRP
- delete all memories using CHIRP (pasting over existing memories
doesn't appear possible)
- copy all memories from .csv file
- paste all memories onto empty D710 document
- tons (dozens) of error dialogs pile on top of each other complaining
of illegal values
- impossible to kill all sort-of-modal dialogs
- kill CHIRP using task manager
- do a little dance that I saved my config using MCP-2A
- start MCP-2A
- load previous config
- save to D710

Forgetting for a moment about the apparently illegal repeater data that
breaks the upload to the D710, is there a better way to upload a csv
file? It seems a bit cumbersome to first have to load the entire memory
contents, then remove all memories and then paste over.

Thanks,

     Sander W1SOP