[chirp_users] New Daily Build

Ed Stewart / KB3WRX
Tue Feb 28 18:31:10 PST 2012

Hi to the list, I just wanted to say I dug out an old P3 windows XP box
and tried out the windows build. I first installed the usb port driver
and then started up chirp, no problems what so ever, I downloaded the
memory on the 857D and put it back a couple times without a hitch of any
kind. the usb port showed up as com 5. Linux makes you lazy, it found
the usb port antomatically. Thanks Dan and the rest of the crew. Ed

On 02/28/12 09:29, Dan Smith wrote:
>> For the windows builds, no. I don't think there is an uninstall. You
>> can install or unzip the new version over the old one.  I usually
>> delete the previous version with file manager first, and then run the
>> installer for the new version, or unzip the new version .zip file.
> There is an uninstaller built and registered now, but the act of
> installing a build on Windows also nukes the previous install first, so
> you do not need to do anything other than install the latest.
>
> Just to be clear, the build notice contains all the changes for a
> particular build, nothing more and nothing less. That means that only
> Marco and other Italian speakers might be interested in today's build
> over yesterday's :)

Stop organized crime. Re-elect no one.