[chirp_users] Kenwood tm-v71a no longer responding

Hew Lines
Mon Dec 24 13:38:23 PST 2012

i'm having the same problem here. If I use a serial data analyzer to look at
the data, Chirpw is responding to the ID response (it is correct) with a
question mark (?) three times and then just stops with no error message. It
doesn't "hang", the ID requests just stop after three tries and the program
sits there as if nothing has happened.

73 - Hew
VA7HU

  _____

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Paul Harmor
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2012 1:25 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] Kenwood tm-v71a no longer responding

Just recently got back into using Chirp for my radios, after a few months
away.

Soon as I installed the daily (5-7 days ago), I was THRILLED to find that
it'd finally talk to my tm-v71a correctly.

Just today, however, after having updated to the 2012-12-24, it fails to
receive a response from radio, again, either via auto-detect or manual entry
of tm-v71.

As well, wondering why I've gotta' run it as root?  It worx, but isn't
optimal...

  _____

No virus found in this message.