[chirp_users] Kenwood tm-v71a no longer responding

Paul Harmor
Mon Dec 24 13:25:05 PST 2012

Just recently got back into using Chirp for my radios, after a few months
away.

Soon as I installed the daily (5-7 days ago), I was THRILLED to find that
it'd finally talk to my tm-v71a correctly.

Just today, however, after having updated to the 2012-12-24, it fails to
receive a response from radio, again, either via auto-detect or manual
entry of tm-v71.

As well, wondering why I've gotta' run it as root?  It worx, but isn't
optimal...