[chirp_users] Ref: I need Help

WN6WJN - - Wassim
Wed Dec 12 15:15:00 PST 2012

Thanks Fred

OK some more information.

I have CHIRP Version 0.2.3 installed on a Windows 7 64bit machine.

I have the RT Systems USB cable for the FT60-R and an aftermarket USB cable
for the UV-5R.

I have installed the drivers for both above cables and verified the COM
Port they are using. Both are COM4.

I started CHIRP software, plugged in the RT Systems USB cable, held down
the Moni key while turning on the FT60-R and the software responded with an
error message stating:

"An Error has occurred. Radio is not responding" with an OK button.

Now I was told by a friend that the FT60-R has a problem conneting for the
1st time, but it will be easier there after. But then what are the tricks
that will make it easier to connect the first time?

Thanks

73

Wassim