[chirp_users] Cross Radio Cloning Issues/Questions

Al Waschka
Sat Oct 8 15:54:12 PDT 2011

Hello to the Group and thanks for this neat software which I found referenced on the Baofeng UV3R Yahoo Group.

I bought the radio today at a hamfest and was trying to come up with a way to utilize the frequency lists I have for a Wouxun KGUVD1P when I discovered Chirp.

So I downloaded the latest stable version and used it to download my Wouxun into a radio-specific image file.  One thing I noticed was that even though I have receive tone set to OFF in the Wouxun, the download in Chirp shows code 23.  Is that the same as OFF?

Next, since the Baofeng does not support names, I was wanting to make the Wouxun list into a series of shorter lists for the Baofeng by deleting entries before uploading to the Baofeng.  I opened the Baofeng and imported the Wouxun list, but when I highlighted multiple lines with click, shift-click and deleted them the delete did not go as it should.  It looked like Chirp only deleted the odd entries and left the even ones highlighted.  After pressing delete again on the remaining highlighted entries, some of the "deleted" entries seemed to come back.  Is multiple line delete not supported, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Al K5TAN