[chirp_users] Chirp 0.1.12 - difficulty with IC-V82

Dan Smith
Fri Oct 7 15:31:25 PDT 2011

Hi,

Sorry for the extreme delay in responding. I was on vacation last week
and had a lot to catch up on this week.

>    File "/home/simon/chirp-0.1.12/chirp/icf.py", line 80, in _process_frames
>      raise errors.InvalidDataError("Out of sync with radio")
> InvalidDataError: Out of sync with radio

This is (on Linux) most likely due to something else already having the
serial port open when CHIRP tries to use it.

Have you looked at "lsof | grep $serialport" to see if anything else has
it open?

> Any suggestions? Is there a way to disable auto-detection?

Detection isn't the problem here, but no, there isn't for Icom radios.