[chirp_users] Chirp IndexError

Benjamin Krueger
Wed May 4 15:17:34 PDT 2011

It is the Prolific chipset and the drivers appear to work, having created /dev/cu.usbserial. I'm sad to report that this is helpful, but I'm still at a point where things don't work. The beginner's guide perhaps assumes that the radio is already set up to be cloned? I've tried cloning with the radio off, on, in clone mode, and in clone mode ready to TX. All of these results fail. The VX-6R is a pretty common radio, so I can't be the first user to have tried this and run into issues. I'm looking for further suggestions, and I'd be happy to update the beginner's guide to be more comprehensive for new users.