[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.7b5

Dan Smith
Tue Oct 21 07:44:23 PDT 2008

> When I tried to Export to File it prompted me with a location and
> filename, however when I pressed the go button chirpw stopped working
> requiring a forced exit and there were some entries in the debug file,
> sent via separate email.

Okay, this is just a minor issue.  Thanks for the debug log.

> Not sure what sanity checking is in place.  I tried to import the same
> contents from Mem 50 into Mem 49 and there were no complaints.

The additional checks are to warn you if you set the "New Location" to
the same value on multiple fields in the import box.  But, as we have
established, some of this needs to change again anyway.

> After adding a new entry into the MYCALL field you could see chirpw
> re-reading the memory contents of the .img file.  Noted that you said
> that will be limited to the 800 and 2200 radios that need to do this,
> but confirming it did do this for the 2820.

No, I said "I should only make it do that for the 800 and 2200."
Currently it always does it :)

> I did notice though that when I went from the D-STAR tab back to the
> Memories tab that the list started part way through the range of
> memories, in this case Mem 156, not at Mem 000, and the only way I could
> display earlier memories was to define the display range and re-read the
> information.  I noticed this last night on the IC-92AD after a similar
> set of steps.

Hmm, I'm not sure I understand.  You went from the D-STAR tab to the
Memories tab, and instead of showing 000-400, it was showing 156-400?
Was the range at the top set that way also, or was it just inconsistent
with the view?

> Yep, this is a lot smoother than on the IC92AD as expected due to it
> being in effectively an off-line mode.

Yep, okay, cool.  Well, adding the caching to the ic9x driver to avoid
the costly re-sync will make it fast too.

Thanks!

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/