[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.7b5

David Tilson
Mon Oct 20 19:04:52 PDT 2008

G'day Dan,

> I just posted 0.1.7b5 in the usual spot if you're interested in trying
it out:

Testing this time with my IC-2820H and focusing on the differences
compared to my IC92AD tests...

> - Added import/export functions to allow importing of a set of
memories
  from one radio file to another.

When I tried to Export to File it prompted me with a location and
filename, however when I pressed the go button chirpw stopped working
requiring a forced exit and there were some entries in the debug file,
sent via separate email.

> - Added more sanity checking for in-list and in-memory duplicates on
  import

Not sure what sanity checking is in place.  I tried to import the same
contents from Mem 50 into Mem 49 and there were no complaints.

- Added editing of the MYCALL list in the radio

After adding a new entry into the MYCALL field you could see chirpw
re-reading the memory contents of the .img file.  Noted that you said
that will be limited to the 800 and 2200 radios that need to do this,
but confirming it did do this for the 2820.

I tried entering a callsign in Lower Case to see what happened, as I
thought I could trip you up, but you automatically convert them to Upper
Case. You sneaky devil :)

I did notice though that when I went from the D-STAR tab back to the
Memories tab that the list started part way through the range of
memories, in this case Mem 156, not at Mem 000, and the only way I could
display earlier memories was to define the display range and re-read the
information.  I noticed this last night on the IC-92AD after a similar
set of steps.

> - Added memory shifting, which lets you insert a hole in the middle of
>   contiguous memory locations.  Also allows deleting a hole and
shifting
>  everything up to fill it.

Yep, this is a lot smoother than on the IC92AD as expected due to it
being in effectively an off-line mode.

Cheers,

Davidt, VK3UR