[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.7b5

David Tilson
Mon Oct 20 18:24:15 PDT 2008

> One thing I can do is cache the information in the radio driver, which

> will make the handhelds behave similarly in speed to the other radios,

> when fetching memories that we should already know.  It has the
> potential to widen the exposure of differing information in the radio
> and CHIRP (like if you're playing with the radio itself while editing
> with CHIRP) but maybe that's not a big deal.

I don't know how often that would be perceived a potential problem, but
I suspect not often.  From my experience the only time I have been
playing with the radio at the same time as editing is when we've been
trying to find possible problems.  The rest of the time the handheld
just sits in the background while I play with CHIRP.

Now to see if I can break anything with the 2820 :)

Cheers,

Davidt, VK3UR