[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.8b3

Dan Smith
Mon Nov 24 07:42:21 PST 2008

> 1. The ability to delete and insert columns. This feature is needed
> when you resort a channel group and want to re-sequence it. If you
> keep the channel numbers the same nothing will change once you reload
> it to the radio as it loads by channel number.

Do you mean rows?  If you insert a column then you'll break the CSV
format and it won't import.

I added add/delete rows with automatic renumbering to CHIRP a while ago.
  I still need to add an option to insert more than one at a time...

> 2. Find and replace. If you want to rename channels (with a new
> naming convention more suitable to multiple radios) you have to edit
> each channel. Excel lets you find a string and replace it in mass.

Hmm, okay.  It's definitely something I can add, although I'm not sure
I'd use it personally :)

> 3. The ability to cut and paste. When setting up call sign routing
> you copy one row to multiple rows and then edit just the name and
> urcall fields. Also this allows you to move groups of channels from
> on bank to another.

That's certainly doable too.

Thanks!

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/