[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.8b3

Dave Cooley
Mon Nov 24 10:05:40 PST 2008

You wouldn't need the ability to add and delete columns if you can renumber
the channels. I guess I am not clear on how this is accomplished other than
doing it one row at a time, (and that is a pain). <Maybe I missed something
there..

Find and replace would be very helpful when you take the download from a
2820 (8 place names) and put it into an 800 (6 place names) .

My 2 cents...

Dave
N4DIB

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Dan Smith
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 10:42 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.8b3

> 1. The ability to delete and insert columns. This feature is needed
> when you resort a channel group and want to re-sequence it. If you
> keep the channel numbers the same nothing will change once you reload
> it to the radio as it loads by channel number.

Do you mean rows?  If you insert a column then you'll break the CSV format
and it won't import.

I added add/delete rows with automatic renumbering to CHIRP a while ago.
  I still need to add an option to insert more than one at a time...

> 2. Find and replace. If you want to rename channels (with a new naming
> convention more suitable to multiple radios) you have to edit each
> channel. Excel lets you find a string and replace it in mass.

Hmm, okay.  It's definitely something I can add, although I'm not sure I'd
use it personally :)

> 3. The ability to cut and paste. When setting up call sign routing you
> copy one row to multiple rows and then edit just the name and urcall
> fields. Also this allows you to move groups of channels from on bank
> to another.

That's certainly doable too.

Thanks!

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/