[chirp_devel] Windows Server availability

Philip Arola
Sat Oct 8 16:41:59 PDT 2016

Windows XP presents a problem.  I don’t think Chocolatey or even Ketarin supports it.  However, according to https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39386471/can-i-build-chocolatey-packages-on-linux it is possible to compile using Mono on Linux.  I don’t know how much you are willing to alter your Linux installations, but all the script would really need to do is edit values contained in two text files, commit those changes in Git, run the chocolatey package command, and push the package.

-Philip Arola
-KG7VAM
-philiparola at hotmail.com<mailto:philiparola at hotmail.com>

From: Dan Smith via chirp_devel<mailto:chirp_devel at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 8, 2016 4:22 PM
To: chirp_devel at intrepid.danplanet.com<mailto:chirp_devel at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_devel] Windows Server availability

> Excellent.  I will try to get a working script and test it across a few
> versions.  I think in your case, simply using the PowerShell script is
> the better choice, considering Ketarin is meant to be run continuously
> as a monitor.

Note that the builds are made on WinXP for maximum backwards
compatibility. I've never used powershell, but be aware that the build
environment is old for a reason.

Also, the whole build process is scripted over ssh with cygwin bash in
the windows image. So whatever I run has to be callable from that
environment.

--Dan